GSL Ecology is a specialist consultancy providing a full range of ecological services. Established since 2002, we work for a wide range of public, corporate and private clients throughout the UK. We provide ecological services including survey, impact assessment, mitigation design, and site supervision to the construction, planning, development, and engineering industries as well as to government agencies, local authorities, voluntary conservation bodies and to private individuals.
Our role is to help you achieve what you want from your development, help you comply with the legal protection given to biodiversity, and to minimise the costs to you of ecology survey, mitigation and licensing.
With over 15 years’ experience, we’ve probably seen it and dealt with it before.
Call us to discuss your plans. You’ll be talking to an expert who will give you clear, straight-talking advice.
Our philosophy is:
To provide a first class service to our clients allowing them to make informed business decisions; to complete projects on time and within budget; and to work in a sustainable way that minimises negative impacts on biodiversity.
To achieve this we will:
- Provide independent, informed and reliable advice
- Identify ecological constraints and associated legal implications as early as possible where development is proposed
- Provide realistic, practical and (where necessary) innovative solutions to problems
- Report progress and findings clearly and concisely in plain language
- Act with honesty and integrity and provide excellent value to our clients
- Actively promote best practice
We abide by the Code of Professional Conduct of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).